Kaikondrahalli Lake on Sarjapur Road, Bangalore


We went back to the Kaikondrahalli Lake on Sarjapur Road near the erstwhile Total Mall few days back. I was hit by nostalgia when I recalled the moments from the time when we were living very close to the lake. I regret all those days when I didn't take an effort to visit this lake more often.

The lake still has one of the most beautiful lake trails in Bangalore that I have ever seen; Agara Lake trail has been renovated and is giving stiff competition to this lake trail these days. I am yet to visit it myself.

The most impactful change about this lake trail which is almost 2 kms in length was not encouraging. I saw lots of untreated sewage flowing in the drains next to the lake and enormous amount of waste dumped at one side of the lake. The trail was stinking at one side and you could see such beautiful scenes as above on the other side. I hope someone will stop this liquid and solid garbage from coming into the lake bed.

I would like to go back to this lake frequently which is tougher considering the traffic on Sarjapur Road on week days. Nevertheless a visit to this lake is one of the most satisfying experiences for me!

Comments