Mary Jane Shoes for Baby Girls


 This is a baby booties that I am very proud of making. And there is a story how this booties were made. 

Since you have reached somewhere on this blog post, I assumed you might be interested in reading the story. So I run a small online business which I started with an aunt (by marriage) in February 2020. In retrospect, it was a very stupid idea considering the competition. We should have done more market research before venturing out. There are too many businesses selling the same thing that we do...

While doing a research for what unique products to sell, I stumbled upon baby booties ( a different design) and was challenged. I immediately purchased the pattern and started my work. It got instant recognition (read as likes and comments on instagram) and very few clients. Then I discovered basic booties which was much more easier to make. One client asked me to make two for her little one and I made them and sent them.

My elation of getting money from the client was damped when client said that the fit is not correct. I promised to replace them with newer shoes and then after few weeks, the client asked for a dress. Later she said she loved the shoes and asked if I would make a matching Mary Jane shoes for her daughter in this pattern. That's how this shoes were made; love that bow despite ending up pulling my hairs our to get them straight.

I love making these shoes, but I am constantly worried about fit issues. But I hope I can get back to making more of them soon. They are challenging yet so rewarding.

Comments